Led by Margaret Levins
Are you looking for a place where you can truly connect with other Christian women? Tired of superficial girlfriend relationships? If you are looking to be encouraged in your faith by other women who seek a deeper relationship with Christ and with each other, then True North Christian Church will feel like home to you.
At True North Christian Church you will find women with welcoming and loving hearts who desire to be Jesus’ hands extended to their local church body, community and even unto the nations. As Women of Purpose we endeavor to achieve the following in our lives:
- Have fun! Sometimes the most spiritual thing we can do is to kick our heels off, laugh and have some fun with other Christian ladies. The Bible says that laughter is like a good medicine. Some of the activities we plan are simply provided so that we can just have fun together.
- Reflecting on the past so we do not forget where the Lord has brought us from and always keep a heart of thanksgiving for what He has done in our lives.
- Bridge the gap between the older and younger generation through our meetings and special events. Ladies of all ages are invited. It is our view that both younger and older women have much to learn from each other and we will all be richer for it.
- Identifying those areas in our lives that are holding us back from being who the Lord created us to be. Are you tired of the same old "stuff" getting repeated in your life, such as certain patterns of behavior or destructive thinking? Are you tired of the status quo? Are you ready to really be used of God in your family and in your community? We desire that women and young ladies really flourish in their relationships with others and with God utilizing every talent to the glory of God.
- To truly become connected to each other so that healthy friendships with other women are formed. Many women have a mistrust of other women in their lives from past hurts and as a result withdraw from any type of relationship with other women. This is exactly what the enemy of our souls wants us to do, to isolate ourselves. We need each other in the body of Christ. It is vital that we learn how to develop healthy relationships with each other. As a Pastor's wife, it has been a delight to see women who have been hurt by other women learn how to start trusting again by setting healthy boundaries in their relationships and dealing with offenses in a biblical manner. If you're not there yet, we would love to help you in that journey.
We believe that the Lord has given every one certain talents and abilities that are as varied as every woman. Women of Purpose provides a place where you can discover what your talents are as well as providing opportunity for you to use them. Relevant teaching on marriage, parenting and relationships will spur you on to be the Woman of Purpose God has called you to be.
Come join us as we meet once a month for a time of worship, fellowship and prayer.
*Women of Purpose meets on the third Saturday of the month from 10am to noon unless otherwise specified. Please see the events calendar to check for any changes and special events.